We have made a number of changes at the studio to comply with new Connecticut state regulations. We are delighted to report that we have enough space in our performance room for in-person music lessons and band practices for up to six people. We have completed the transition so that the performance space is fully set up for lessons and rehearsals. Here is what we have done:
Instructor & Student Stations 12 Feet Apart
Two stations are set up:
- One for Sandy at one piano on one side of our large room against the far wall
- Another with a second piano for the student (voice and piano) right in front of the open back door where the breeze comes in from the marsh
- 12 feet apart to comply with regulations for musicians performing without face masks
Fresh Air Coming in From the Marsh
With the fleet of kick-ass fans we installed, we can move 6,630 cubic feet of air per minute. With the room being 10,000 cubic feet, we’ll have a complete change of air within two minutes.
- You can have all the windows open with fans pulling air across the room in one direction from behind you, or
- We can have two giant air conditioners CRANKED and open windows and doors for the fifteen minutes before your lesson.
- No matter what, we will fire up our kick-pass fans in between lessons (no matter how cold it is) to completely exchange the air in the room.
Big, Clear, Plastic Room Dividers In Between Stations
For those wanting it, we can set up big, clear plastic dividers in between stations.
- One in front of the instructor station
- One in front of the white board
15 Minutes In Between Students
Students will be scheduled with 15 minutes between lessons so that:
- We can completely disinfect between students
- No one will have to cross in the stairwell
- We can completely exchange air in the room between students
Only Hard Surfaces at Student Station
The student station will be sparse with only hard surfaces and writing utensils that can be wiped down (entire acoustic piano included) in between each lesson.
No Microphones, Unless Desired
While we disinfect and put plastic wrap over microphones on hand, we suggest bringing your own microphone if you wish to use one.
Staff and instructor will wear face masks, even for voice lessons.
Only Two People in the Room at a Time in the Afternoons
Sandy will be the only other person in the room with the student unless other arrangements have been made ahead of time for parents or other musicians to be available for accompaniment or observation.
Bathroom Cleaned by Staff Daily
- We will bleach and disinfect once a day.
- Antibacterial soap will always be available.
Entire Studio Continues to Be Professionally Cleaned Each Week
- Our beloved Oscar has been cleaning our studio weekly all along, vacuuming all floors, completely disinfecting the bathroom, and bleaching every hard surface throughout the studio.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes will be on hand at all times.
- All trash cans have foot openers.
Curriculum Can Be Sent Digitally
If desired, all sheet music and curriculum materials can be digitized and emailed for printing at home.
Forms Will Be Needed From Each Student
We will be asking each student or parent of student to fill out a form that includes a checklist of what items they would like to have in place for each lesson to make them feel the most comfortable.