Take Voice Lessons with Sandy Connolly
Let us help you maximize the expression of your talent and skills and experience the many joys of singing! All skill levels from beginner through amateur and into professional are welcome at CML. We will assist the student in strengthening your voice, breathing correctly, practicing good pitch and intonation, and engaging in artistic expression with an audience. Enjoy learning any song title and genre you want to sing and when ready, we will assist you in performing on the local music scene. Live video recording as well as photographic resources are available at CML for the student who wishes to assemble a promo package.
Goals for All Voice Students
To be a great singer, you must master the following:
- Accurate pitch
- Breath control
- Pleasing vowel formation
- Facility in chest, middle, & head registers
- Legato phrasing
- Clear diction
- Balanced posture
- Accurate rhythm & melodies
But most importantly, you need engaging interpretation that expresses your personal musical message.
Sandy has exercises and instruction to help you develop these goals and is able to assist the student in learn how to engage with an audience. She will work tirelessly with you to help develop a body of work that:
Si l’essai est concluant au bout de ces 4 semaines, vous pourrez alors bénéficier des quantités plus importantes de Cialis – Une fois par jour. Acheter Cialis 5mg contre l’impuissance masculine. Livraison gratuite et discrète en 24h sur https://www.favalpharma.fr/cialis-5mg-en-ligne en France leader européen de la santé en ligne.
- Is particularly suited to your voice
- Is in a style that you enjoy
- Helps you express the message you bring to the stage
What Sets Sandy Apart as an Instructor
What sets Sandy apart are the personal connections she has with many of the local venues and musicians. Sandy runs Tuesday Night Music Club each week, Sessions artists’ den once a month, both at Crescendo Music Loft, as well as open mics in Guilford, Madison, and West Haven where she can help you network and gig with other musicians. Sandy also hosts The Groove Open Mic for Teens at Crescendo Music Loft. Once you have some repertoire that is “street worthy,” she will assist you in getting ready for an open mic performance and introduce you to the live music scene on the shoreline.
Meet Your Instructor
- Facemask – custom made to match interior
- Plastic Divider for increased safety
- Binder chock full of sheet music for student-selected repertoire
- Custom-built website full of torturous tasks for in and out of lesson work
- iPad for Spotify, YouTube, Metronome, Vocal Pitch Monitor, Sigh Reading Factory, Crescendo Music System, The Amazing Slow-Downer
- Very sharp pencils to write down student plans
- Clipboard of Practice Plans filled out at every lesson for each student
- Recording equipment for recording audio and video snippets
- Yamaha S90 ES Workstation with lots of bells and whistles including the ever-important transpose button to make accompaniment higher or lower according to student range.
The studio is in Madison, Connecticut just off of I-95 Exit 59 behind The Red Tomato and Friends & Company at 5B Old Post Road (2nd floor).