- Master Class: Tentative New Date – Thursday, May 7, 2020, 7:00-9:00 PM
- Entry Deadline: via email, Wednesday, March 25, 11:59 PM
- Audition requirements: MP3 attachment or YouTube link of a single piece of 3.5 minutes or less, via email to , Wednesday, April 1, noon
- Participant fee (after acceptance): $65.00
- Each participant can expect 15-20 minutes of detailed coaching with Christine
- Non-participant admission: $20
- Purchase your tickets HERE!
Due to the immense popularity of November’s “The Audience and You” workshop, we are thrilled to offer a new Master Class with Saturday Night Live Band vocalist, Christine Ohlman. In addition to her long-running work with SNL, Christine works as a songwriter, guitarist, recording artist, and music scholar, who is deeply embedded in the American music hubs of Muscle Shoals, New Orleans and Nashville, and who leads and records with Christine Ohlman and Rebel Montez (six nationally-acclaimed CDs).
In this Master Class, Christine will work with participants one-on-one to establish better connections with a live audience. There are six coveted openings for this very special event – see audition requirements below. Singers who are accepted will sing their audition piece live for Christine and an audience, and will receive her feedback and suggestions regarding a performance that best communicates lyrically, emotionally, and musically to the audience. Some areas of focus may include: the finer details of attack, tone, phrasing; overall confidence; eye contact; and stage presence. She may demonstrate certain passages and discuss technical areas for improvement. Participants will then sing their piece a second time, incorporating Christine’s comments.
This is an important opportunity to learn from an accomplished artist, whether as an active participant or an audience observer. Please take advantage and attend if possible!